Monday, September 26, 2011

Given enough time.

This is Freedom's Lady.  While she is Another's horse, she does not live at the ranch.  She lives at a very special place that allows her the ability to be a "free domesticated mustang".
Free is a special horse that faced being euthanized.  After three years with Another and the Rope Man she is now loving life in captivity.  She also lives in a place where she can take long walk-abouts and come back after a few days.  She always chooses to come back even though she could return to the wild if she wanted to do so.  Free loves her life with humans because the ones she is with honor her nature and allow her to be herself while training her.  The Rope Man and Another know that some horses take years not months-they give them time.
This weekend Free went to the ocean for the first time and played in the surf.  Another promised me that I will get to do that when I am ready.  I think I will like the beach, I think that storming the waves would be fun. I am glad I have all the time I want to get ready to be there-after all when you don't like getting wet it can be hard to run in the surf.
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment