Thursday, September 15, 2011

Partners

Today I went for a walk.  Now walking itself isn't a big deal, after all I have been doing it since I was a day old.  Learning to stay at Another's side is getting better all the time.  Today was something totally new, well something old with a twist.  I know how to walk with other horses, how to keep my space or get a well placed nip or kick, I even know where my place in line is now.  I have never been led with another horse at the same time with us both being haltered.  That takes skills-not getting tangled up, not squeezing the human or stepping on toes.  Well today I did that and was stellar.  Who knew I had such crazy mad leading skills?  Notice I even kept my cool when another horse tried to bother us.
Another was very pleased with me, especially since I did not get a warm up first.
"It's the little things that make a big difference"


No comments:

Post a Comment