Sunday, July 17, 2011

Great success

Another spent yesterday at RCER's Horse Daze.  It is one of the main fundraising events for the horse rescue that she is a board member of.
Two years ago this group help save a little horse that had been abandoned and running in the Yakima River Canyon for several months.  This mare wanted nothing to do with humans, she was abused, afraid, and defensive.  This group surrounded her with all the support she needed.  Her name is Freedom's Lady and Another adopted her after she had spent time with her for rehab, Another wanted to make sure she would aways be safe. 
This is Free's first public appearance and she did a great job!  Another is so proud of the horse she has become and the bright future she has ahead of her.  Freedom's Lady now has her own special lady and is training to be an endurance horse.
Another has me surrounded with the same supports that she put in place for Freedom's Lady.  Another promises me that one day I will be making a public appearance to show what a special horse I am too.  She has promised me I will always be safe, that she will make sure of that...I guess that makes me something like her horse.  I still want my own person and am working on that.
Another says I have a bright future ahead of me too!
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment