Sunday, July 3, 2011

New friends!

I have two new friends!  Smoke and Paul, they are very nice, but expect a lot from me.  Smoke came and ponied around my pasture while Paul sat on him.  I tried some shenanigans but Smoke pinned his ears, stomped his foot and that was the end of them.  I walked and trotted with Smoke, he even had me doing turns. Smoke then decided he would see how I would behave in the alley since that is a big problem spot for me.

Not only was I good in the alley, I was brave and looking good.  Smoke then said "Kiddo we are going out the gate and around to the arena."  I just followed right along like the good horse that Another says I am. We got in the arena and I had a squirrel moment and ran a bit silly.  Smoke and Paul said it was okay because I had done such a big task and needed to blow off nerves. 
Paul then worked with me on the ground while Smoke supervised.  I was a rock star.  Another was given homework to do, that is funny-a principal with homework.  I even wore a bit!

I took the bit willingly and didn't even try to nip while it was being put in.  Paul told Another to have me wear the bit loosely in my mouth for a few times.  That way I can work my tongue over the top of it and get it back under while I get used to wearing it.  I guess I am on my way to being a saddle horse now.
While I was standing by Smoke he told me that he used to act just like me when Paul first got him, in fact he had some extra tricks that I don't know.  He explained that he was much happier living peacefully with his humans, it is less work.  I thought about going home with him.
I even went partially into the trailer right next to him.  I did that several times, Paul never asked me to come all the way in so I didn't.  I am also not sure that Another is ready for me to leave and hang out with my new friend.
Smoke says he will come back and play some more.  Paul says I can come for a visit at Dos Arroyos Ranch.  Another is thinking about letting me have a slumber party at Smoke's house.
It was a good time-I got "Smoked" and Smoke got "mirrored" a bit.
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment