Friday, July 1, 2011

Names matter

Another believes that you should be very wise in naming your horse, or child for that matter.  She thinks you should not ask for trouble when giving a horse its name.  Names like Buck, Bam, Trigger, Dusty, Lightening, Thunder, and Remington are some that should be avoided.  Her horse trainer is also a strong believer in this, so much so that Another had to change her horse's name before he would work with it.  The horse was named Panicanik after her grandfather's ranch.  Another shortened it to Panic...not a good idea.  The horse lived up to that name and then some.  When her name was change to Niki things went much better for her.
My given name was Zeus, king of the gods.  Here is a little information on the mighty king.
Zeus, Greek God of the Sky:
As ruler of the sky, the Greek god Zeus was responsible for bringing (or not, if he so chose) rain, drought, and thunderstorms. No one dared challenge the authority of the mighty Zeus since he was prone to release his fearsome thunderbolts to express his displeasure . . . an awesome way to keep the peace and maintain order, but it worked for several centuries!

Well some of that sounds familiar.  My name was changed to Quincy after I came to live with the people who run HRHR.  That name means fifth born.  Now whether that is true of me or not I do not know.  What I do know is that I want to be first, the boss, and listened to at all times.  Another says that I am getting ready for a new name, one that tells who I really am.  She has a name that keeps coming to mind "Dichali" which means speaks a lot.  I think it might fit me well after all I have a lot to say.  I am thinking that I might give another a new name too.  Hoka Hey-pay attention-might be good, then I know she will always attend to me which is as it should be!
I hope Smoke shows up tomorrow with his game on...I am ready for him.
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment