Saturday, July 2, 2011

Smoke is going to meet mirrors

This is Smoke wearing Another's saddle, standing beside a regular sized horse trailer.  He is huge according to Another and does not put up with shenanigans.  His hooves are the size of dinner plates and he can aim with deadly accuracy.
Humans use the term "smoke and mirrors" to talk about a technique used to confuse others.  Well he may be smoke, but I am going to be mirrors.  I don't care how big he is...I will show him that I am always the boss. Another tells me that I have to learn that humans are the boss and that sometimes other horses are the boss.  I let Another tell me what to do most of the time.  I do that because she listens to me, makes things clear, and is fair.  How do I know that Smoke and Paul will be the same?  Another tells me they will be, but I have learned not to count on what people say.
The showdown is at 6:00 today.  Another is going to be there for moral support and to help me understand what is expected.  She is hoping that I will show Paul the horse that she knows I am, not the one I pretend to be.
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment