Thursday, May 26, 2011

My first request for Another

"When dancing there is a time to lead, a time to follow, and a time to just sit and watch your partner solo. The trick to keep off each other's toes is knowing when to do what."~Another

Another told me when I arrived that we were going to learn to dance together, she says that dancing can be tricky at times.  Another promised me that she would listen to what I tell her and do her best to meet my requests.  I wasn't too sure about this, I have been talking and not getting through to people very well in the past why should I expect anything different this time.  Of course I may have developed better communication skills so it could be better.  Tonight I gave her my first firm request and it worked.  She has been doctoring my butt for the rub burns I got in the trailer, I do not like it at all.  The past few days even though it hurts a bit to have the goo put on I have been pretty good about it.  Tonight I just couldn't find it in me to let her put on the goo.  The sore spots are scabbed in spots, raw in others, and weepy.  I haven't helped things by rubbing my rear on the scratching post.  When Another got done brushing me she got the goo out.  She let me smell it, she always does. Usually I take a sniff and stay in place. Tonight I pinned my ears (not rude pinny ears though) at the goo and backed up, I haven't done that before.  She put the lid on and set the goo on the ground and I came right back to her.  She brushed me some more and sang "Mighty Quinn" to me.  She picked up the goo again, removed the lid and let me smell it.  I pinned my ears and backed up again.  "Well thanks for letting me know Q", was her response "I guess if my rear was like yours is tonight I wouldn't want someone trying to smear goo on it."  She then put the goo in my QT tub that is by my pasture.  She also gave me one of the special crunchy treats that she hands out to the white horse that glares at me all the time. 
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment