Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Red, this isn't Cali anymore!

Oh my goodness, this isn't Cali anymore!  Another was out with me early this afternoon when I spotted this animal off in the distance.  She was working on my withers when my head shot up like a rocket.  At first she thought she hit a sore spot, then she realized I had on what she calls my "squirrel" look.  She stood by my head and looked where I was looking and realized I had spotted an odd looking animal.
"Well Quincy, you finally noticed the llama" was all she said and went back to working on my withers.  I looked at the llama, I looked at her, I looked at the llama, and then I looked back at her.  Another stepped away from me and pointed up the hill and told me to go look.  I went up the hill a bit and then looked back at Another.  I wasn't too sure that this animal was safe.  Another walked up the hill and stood with me but I was having trouble getting a really good look.  She walked to the top of the hill, looked back at me and said, "Come on Mighty Q, come see it."  So I went and stood by her.  Another told me I was brave and massaged on my neck while I looked the silly thing over.  I decided that everything was good, after all it couldn't get near my pasture.  We walked back down the hill and Another gave me a smooch good night.
Life is different in the North West...
Oh there was nutmeg in my treat tub tonight, I really liked it mixed in with the rest of the stuff.

"It's the little things that make a big difference"

2 comments:

  1. Oh Q my friend, thank your lucky bell boots that all you have to face are those fuzzy white hair balls. Got some sad news from the Hay Field where you used to live. Your friend Ruby was killed last week, chances are by a cougar. She didn't get a chance to put up a fight and you know she had it in her, the way she would kick you when you tried to push her away from her dinner. Her mom is broken hearted. My mom, your friend, is worried about all us horses in the general pasture. Enjoy that fine looking treat tub and think of us at Freshwater, we are taking turns doing cougar patrol in the GP. I know that if you were there you would have stomped that cougar into feline mush burgers. Take care dude, Red Horse

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is terrible about Ruby...
    Stay safe Red and give all my human and horse friends smooches for me. Be careful on cougar patrol.
    Q

    ReplyDelete