Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today was the first time that Another has asked me to work on the long line.  I gave her the best I had.  I did a nice calm walk and even a polite trot.  There was no head tossing, pinny ears, or grumpy behavior.  I gave to pressure when asked and got lots of pets and "good boys".
Another always gives me my treat tub before she asks me to do anything.  She knows I love my treats and doesn't want me to feel like my treats are contingent on my behavior.  She wants me to realize that kindness has not strings attached.  While I eat she brushes me, cleans my feet, and massages me a bit.  After I am done eating she halters me up, she bought me a nice blue halter, and takes me for a short walk.  She asks me just to take a few nice steps at a time, it is important that I don't try to get ahead of her.  Another says if I get ahead of her she would get lost and that would worry her, I don't want to worry her so I try to stay right by her.
I also got goo put on my rear today and fly sprayed.  Another told me I was amazing.  Mushboy has given me the nick name Q-Tip, I think I might like that name.
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

1 comment:

  1. Dear Q, Our MOM is going to start putting fly spray on us shortly as summer is coming and the flies get into Cali's eyes. We're glad you are a good boy!
    Quad, Sunni, Gigo, Cali, and Scout

    ReplyDelete