Friday, June 3, 2011

Tenderly please...


Another tells me I am a big lap dog.  I am not a dog, I know that for sure.  She went on to explain it to me, "Quincy you would sit in my lap if you could, you want to get just as close as you can"
Well I am too big to sit in her lap, but she is right about wanting to be as close as I can.  I love attention, I want to be touched, I would like it if she would just lean on me.  It seems that because of my size and zealousness that can worry people.  So Another is helping me remember to not crowd and to wait for an invitation to enter a humans space.  It seems that humans have a need for more space than horses, so I am trying hard.  I was very easy for me to remember with the little girl who visited because she was so small.  Another suggests that I just realize that all humans are small compared to me and to be tender.
Tonight I walked at Another's side as she went out in the pasture to set down my treat tub.  Usually I back, walk around her, or get jiggy while she takes out my treat.  Tonight I just walked calmly beside her and waited politely while she put down my tub.  She didn't walk out near as far, I wonder if it had to do with me being tender?  I also have not been doing any pinny ears to try and hurry up my tub.  Another says that I am become quite the gentleman.  She says we are going on a walkabout tomorrow.
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

No comments:

Post a Comment