Monday, June 13, 2011

Until breakfast

"Doesn't matter to me how long he needs, I'll be here until breakfast if that's what it takes." ~Buck Brannaman

Another practices this statement much to my irritation.  She never starts anything with me if she doesn't have the time it takes to finish it. 
Working on my treat manners has taken up to an hour on occasion.  Once I learned that she would wait my tantrum out I stopped.  I thought I would give the tantrum another try yesterday, I haven't had a treat tantrum for two weeks, I thought I might be able to get it sooner with a good fit.  No such luck...she made me walk farther and stand nicely before I could have my treat.  Then when I made a snotty face and pinny ears after she gave it to me she took it away and made me walk some more.  She insists I remember my proper treat manners.  I thought that maybe I could give her my irresistible look, no dice.  Another told me "Q the irresistible force has met the immovable object, so just use your manners."  I decided that my treats were worth having manners for and did as asked.  In fact tonight I was a perfect gentle man and got my treats much faster.
She is setting aside two days to work on my Arab teleporting trick next week.  She said that she has all week 24/7 if needed.  I wonder if she means it...would she really stay at it 24/7 if she had too?  I did hear from the horses that she has spent the night out at the ranch in the winter with a sick horse, so maybe she really would.  Another told me that for me to get a forever home I have to learn to lead nicely and not do my "squirrel" routine.  For some reason it seems that it is important to humans that I pay attention to them when I am on the lead.  I try, but things are just so interesting out there and humans can be boring.  Another has taken to making odd noises, sudden movements, and waving stuff at me to make me pay attention to her at all times.  I wish Red could see her when she flaps and makes chicken noises...it seems people in Washington are weird.
"It's the little things that make a big difference"

1 comment:

  1. Q Dude, what is up with these weird humans. Do you remember when my my couldn't catch Lyra so stalked her making hissing sounds and pointing a stick at her unless Lyra stood still and then mom would quick real fast and look at something else. Folks were driving by wondering who the weird woman was and I was just sort of whistling to myself and trying to stay far away from that one. Sounds like you might as well give it up to Another, you will probably get more treats, faster. Good luck Q. Your California friend, Red Horse.

    ReplyDelete